An Annual Summer Summit for University students from around the World
Sias International University
Xinzheng, Henan Province, CHINA
July 1 – July 23, 2012
An unequaled experiential learning opportunity that will inspire and provoke innovative thinking and solutions for creating and implementing strategies to address the world’s chronic and persistent human conditions.
Make your reservation now – $200 down payment required.
Click PayNow to make your reservation.
Letter to Students:
ILS Invitation Letter to Students 2012.pdf [190.00 Kb 2/22/2012]
Click below to view the program of events planned over the 3-week summit as well as presenter biographies:
ILS China 2012 Program.pdf [3.37 Mb 2/8/2012]
The application form needs to be downloaded, filled out, and submitted to [email protected]. See below for details and instructions. If you have any further questions about the summit and/or the application process, please address them to [email protected].
ILS China Application Form 2012.doc [470.00 Kb 2/8/2012]
APPLICATION INFORMATION and REQUIREMENTS
We invite students, faculty members and community leaders to participate in the first International Leadership Summit at Sias International University.
The Summit will focus on the leadership, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility skills essential to achieve each of the eight United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals (MDGs):
- Eradicate Extreme Poverty and Hunger,
- Achieve Universal Primary Education,
- Promote Gender Equity and Empower Women,
- Reduce Child Mortality,
- Improve Material Health,
- Combat HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Other Diseases,
- Ensure Environmental Sustainability, and
- Develop Global Partnerships
Students, University Faculty, and Community/Business members interested in participating may begin by submitting an application form with a deposit of $200.00 via PayPal (link provided above) or check made payable to Global Interactions Inc. The deposit is fully refundable if your application is not accepted.
If accepted however, you will receive a letter of invitation along with the official registration form. Upon submission of the registration form your $200.00 deposit will be non-refundable. Accepted participants must complete the registration process by submitting the full payment of the registration fee. For all who register, the full balance of the payment is due by April 20, 2012.
The associated fee covers summit registration, lodging, summit academic/instructional programs, site visits integral to the projects, and cultural programs. Not included are international and domestic travel to and from Sias campus, and items of a personal nature. The Summit will be conducted in English. Mandarin translation will be available.
PROGRAM COST AND REGISTRATION DEADLINE
FINAL DATE FOR REGISTRATION is April 2, 2012 $900.00
A complimentary registration will be given to an accompanying faculty member for each 10 applicants from the same institution.
Program cost includes:
- Airport pick up and delivery at Zhengzhou Airport
- Lodging (double occupancy) and three meals daily
- A three week interactive problem solving curriculum on entrepreneurial skills, leadership and team action projects addressing world issues focusing on the United Nations Millennium Development Goals
- Internationally recognized faculty and facilitators
- Option to take Mandarin classes 3 nights per week – beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels available. (Total class time 18 hours with 9 sessions, 2 hours each.) 24/7 opportunities to engage and practice
- Historical and cultural visits to introduce and expand knowledge of China. Sites include:
- Xinzheng, birthplace of first Chinese emperor Huang Di, Zhengzhou Provincial Museum.
- Shaolin Temple, oldest Martial Arts School in the world
- Laoyang, historical and cultural city, ancient capital with 5000 year history. On the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Optional trip to Xian (ancient capital and site of Terra Cotta Warriors) at end of 3-week program.
Course content and program format available to apply for university credit through your academic institution.